Why is God faithful?

While involved in my pursuit of godliness I just wanted to share with other people why God's glory is so important in my life.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Earnest Desire

Paul's command to us in I Corinthians 14:1 that we "pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts" makes me wonder if I really desire these gifts. My spiritual gifts are exhortation and wisdom, I believe, and I look for occasion in which I can use these gifts, but I don't pray for God to give me more wisdom or for any ability in exhorting one another. I'm not earnestly desiring them, I'm not praying for them, I'm not praying for other's spiritual gifts, and I'm not pursuing them the way I should be. This has really taught me how to pray for myself and others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home