Why is God faithful?

While involved in my pursuit of godliness I just wanted to share with other people why God's glory is so important in my life.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tremble.

I was reading in Truth Matters by John Macarthur this morning and hew as talking about God's holiness and man's response to being in the His presence. He talked about Isaiah and other's who's response was to fall on their face and tremble before a holy God. I saw that stuff coming, but I haven't ever thought about this attribute belonging to Christ (at least not in the same sense). I had never thought about anyone recognizing the fact that Christ is God and in turn trembling before Him. The instances he gave were the woman who touched His garments and was healed and Peter after they were fishing and Christ almost sank their boats with the amount of fish that they hauled in. It makes me think about how often I recognize my sinfulness and tremble before a holy God. I am redeemed by His blood, but I still sin against this holy God. Isaiah was a prophet chosen by God and he fell on his face before this holy God. It makes me realize that I'll never know the magnitude of my sin until I see God as being as holy as He is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home